09 January 2012

Photobucket>>>> The girl with the latin tattoo.

In an attempt to force the creative juices flowing, I'm starting a series with at least four installments to start. I only say four because as {most of } you know, I have a commitment complex. That is a little more than a funny joke.  It is a slight problem. Here goes nothing. 




>>>>>>Semper Reformanda. No she's not in the Marines. She referring to me which is I. Let's try this again. Ready. I. 


I am not in the Marines, that would mean Semper Fi. Although Semper Fidelis is also latin, meaning "always faithful." 


Now we are talking about Semper Reformanda. The real subject. A few years ago I was sitting through a Christian Heritage class at my university. This was the most dreaded class of the week and it happened twice. I say dreaded mainly because I learned almost nothing. Except how to curse excessively. No, really. True story, my cursing like a sailor mentality really kick started with this class. There came a point in this class known as the shift. If you were to skim through my notes for this class it would be clearly obvious to know where the shift occurred. The shift was the point in the class where my professor went on a random tangent and then picked up somewhere leaving my notes with inconsistency. This is where I would type my frustrations in anger. And officially stop taking notes. Contemplating the rest of the class if I should just walk out. I never did. 


Mainly because I felt like it would cause a domino effect and everyone would follow. Maybe too many 80's/early 90's movies lead to this feeling. Another reason why I never brought a boom box to class. 




I say, I learned almost nothing until I learned something. The term Semper Reformanda. "Always Changing" or "Always Reforming." Often times connected to Ecclesia semper reformanda which means "The church must always be reforming." I knew that the phrase meant something worthy in my life. Something that hits my core.  The ability to always change and never be content. This is a challenge to not dwell on God in only one form. He is constant, but the way he reveals is not. Once we figure out a mystery, we lose interest. My relationship with God will always continue in mystery. 

*photo credit:katie shroy photography









2 comments:

Gunfighter said...

"My relationship with God will always continue in mystery"

Well said.

ADmin said...

In the aforementioned web innovation days,right here we made it easy finding impeccable young lady tattoos, it should not be tricky to pick.

Post a Comment