11 September 2013

A seasoned traveler

who manages to always, ALWAYS have a mishap. 

Smooth Sailing- i breeze through the ticket counter thanks to my muscleman. That's boyfriend in case you didn't catch on. Grabbed a cup of coffee, said the suppressed tearful goodbye, breezed though airport security (although, this is Africa. I'm not sure if that really is a good thing.. what else is new) saw my terminal was A1. I went and sat and waited- then waited. Boarding time was 7:30.

I glance at my phone, it's 7:28...hmmm not too much going on down here, looked at my gate. A1. Seemed to be in the right place, then i start seeing attendants and not in the correct airline colors. 7:35, I get up and decided to ask an attendant once i hear jabbering from other people sitting next to me about Munich. I looked confused, the attendant looked confused. Finally I was told I needed to be at A11 which is all the way down on the opposite side of the airport. Well shit. 

I call the boyfriend running down and around screaming I've been at the wrong gate for the last 40 minutes. As if i'm already drawing enough attention to myself, i realize my boots give the appearance that there is a galloping horse in the airport.  I hang up the phone and arrive at A11. It's desolate, NOONE is there. No signs saying anything. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. 

I run and ask someone. they have no clue. Run into a lounge where a woman tells me my gate is A30. Just go back the way you came, take a right at the escalator and down there ramp. Say what, I have no idea waht you're talking about. 

"Well you better run, because boarding started 20 minutes ago..." 

Frantically running and finally finding an escalator hidden in a secret corner. Sweating. Out of Breath. I made my flight and 30 minutes later another group of people rush onto the plane. 

I ran for this ?

1 comment:

Post a Comment