12 June 2013

on working out

I hate running. 
I love yoga. 
I despise cardio, glute and inner-thigh workouts 
I enjoy swimming, hiking and bike riding. 

For the most part, I enjoy working out.  I have accepted that it's something that should always be incorporated in my life. Not just for weight loss but as a healthy lifestyle and overall self. 

One major problem, I am highly unmotivated if I'm not part of a gym, class or friend group activity.  

Solution: Get over it. 

After being sick for what felt like a lifetime and battling the winter chill, I have to find other ways to get my exercise on. I really wanted a great yoga video. But my resources are a bit limited being in South Africa. So I splurged on an itunes purchase. 

I came up with this. 

A.) Purchase Yoga Mat B.) Purchase workout dvd 

1. Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown

it's okay. not my favorite but certainly enough to get the job done. 

then this came about. 

2. Jillian Michael's 6 week 6-pack abs

I did level one today without weights and I was dying. 

Which is promising but also really sad to see how out of shape I've gotten. 

I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner, especially with Jayde and I's adventure next week. Ponto do Ouro. 

The Ocean has been calling my name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment