24 July 2013

Children and Silence really don't mix.

Living in a household of three girls all under the age of five is an adventure. They follow you around, get in all of your things and are constantly in your business. Privacy doesn't really occur to them. They are constantly laughing, screaming or crying. Silence doesn't ever really exist. UNLESS.

Yes, for all those mommies and nannies, you know the unless.

Lucia, sickly Kayla and I were watching The Mindy Project and Up All Night  I heard silence. My first response was to say something but I thought it was just my paranoid self. After catching up on the episodes it was time for the girls naptime.

Lucia goes into the girls' room and all of a sudden Lucia mumbles something and then there is more silence followed by, "Sam come in here."

I quickly scamper into the girls' room and see white. Not just a little it but white everywhere. It was almost like snow but without the cold. Josslyn decided that she would a)put every single toy in Vida's crib and b) use 1 1/2 bottles of baby powder on everything and yes, everything.

After moments of trying not to laugh, I finally ask Joss, "What made you think pouring baby powder over everything was a good idea."

Her response, "My heart told me to do it."

Then she progressed to explain to me that there was no other option because of her heart.

She is three.


 photo babypowderincident_2013_zps0ff8e19b.jpg
 photo summer2013_DSC_6228_zpsca29612e.jpg
 photo summer2013_DSC_6226_zps53a2fbd9.jpg
 photo summer2013_DSC_6224_zps90742388.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment